Tuesday 24 July 2018

Cruise Comparisons

So I have spent time discussing NCL and Royal cruise lines as they are the two that I have personally sailed so far. I have 2 more NCL cruises scheduled and 1 on Celebrity. However today I am going to talk about a mid level cruise line Azamara.
Azamara has more included than the basic lines. I priced out a Mediterranean itinerary sailing September 28, 2019 on the Azamara Journey for twelve days. I will be using it compare to my NCL Epic Mediterranean that I will be sailing on in July 2019 for seven days.
The Azamara Itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 Barcelona Embark
Day 2 St Tropez
Day 3 Monte Carlo
Day 4 Livorno (Florence/Pisa)
Day 5 Civitavecchia (Rome)
Day 6 Sorrento
Day 7 Amalfi
Day 8 At Sea
Day 9 Kotor
Day 10 Dubrovnik
Day 11 Zador
Day 12-13 Venice
An Interior Stateroom for 2 people would cost $11692.00 CAD and you would receive $250 USD per person as on board credit.
With this cruise you have included standard spirits, international beers, 2 red, 2 white, 1 rose and 1 sparkling wine by the glass each day. As well as your juice and pop, coffee and tea. You can purchase drink packages if you would like more.
Gratuities are included in the cruise price so there is no extra to pay unless you want to tip the staff more.
They do have specialty dinning that is not included at 3 restaurants and the packages to add them run between $70 per person and $250 per person.
The last item is internet which is $19.95 per day for unlimited access.
Keep in mind you still have to pay for excursions but they are for smaller groups, part of that is smaller ships as well. You can use your on board credit to pay for these excursions.

Azamara (Photo courtesy of cruisemaven.com)

My cruise in July 2019 will be a seven day on board the NCL Epic
The itinerary is the following:
Day 1 Barcelona Embark
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Naples
Day 4 Rome
Day 5 Florence/Pisa
Day 6 Cannes
Day 7 Plama de Mallorca
Day 8 Barcelona Disembark
A balcony stateroom for 2 Adults and 2 children is $6664.61 CAD
A beverage package costs $89 usd per day for the ultimate package there are packages for just soda as well. You also have to add an 18% gratuity to this amount as well.
Gratuities are $14.50 USD per person per day.
Specialty dinning has many options on this ship. You can purchase a 3 or more day package to try out different options. A 3 day package is $69 USD per person.
Unlimited internet is $25.50 USD per day.

NCL Epic (photo courtesy of ncl.com)

If you add in the drink package and the gratuities the NCL package gets closer to $8517 CAD. Now in my case as it is a group booking I had the opportunity to add two inclusions to my package and I chose the drink package and the gratuities as my options. Not everyone has these options available. 
So for more money you can cruise on a smaller ship a more intimate ship and have more included in the over all price. Your ship will be less crowded. Now keep in mind that these smaller more luxurious ships are not as kid friendly as the bigger mass ships are. They do have children's clubs etc but there are usually not many children on board.
Azamara also offers ports that the bigger ships can not always get to which is nice if you decide cruising is the only way you wish to travel. They also offer overnights in port so you can get the opportunity to explore a cities nightlife not just what it is like during the day.

To book either of these cruises of any cruise contact me today!!

Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment