Wednesday 26 September 2018

Travel & Leisure Best Places to Go 2017

So I am re-reading my travel and leisure magazine from January 2017. It is all about the best places to travel in 2017. What is most interesting is that many of these places are once again on the 2018 lists as well.
The top ten cities for best culture where as follows: Kyoto, Rome, Jerusalem, Florence, Paris, Venice, Barcelona, Charleston, South Carolina, Lhasa, Tibet and New Orleans. I am actually pleasantly surprised that three of these cities I have been to and in September 2017. Three of the cities are also on my bucket list.

Kyoto # 1 (Photo courtesy of travel safe-abroad.com)

Expedition cruises have also become very popular with travelers. Part of these cruises are to discover different wildlife. In the Antarctica you can find leopard seals. In the Amazon it is sloths. In Borneo the Orangutans. In the Arctic the Narwhals (I know a young boy who would love this) and in the Galapagos Islands the Tortoises. These cruises can be found with Celebrity and G Adventures just to name a few. These are definitely experience of a life time.

Sloth in the Amazon (Photo courtesy of chimuadevntures.com)

The cities in this issue that get featured you can learn about the best places to eat, sleep and explore. The first location is Arbbey, Austria. This is a wonderful area in Europe to experience skiing. Tonga is the second location which can be found on an island off the coast of Australia and New Zealand. This is where you can have whale experiences of a lifetime. This vacation is so popular that in 2017 they were already booked until 2019 for the experience. I wonder what year it is now. The third location was St Croix. Activities include doing historical tours or going to La Rein Farmer's Market. This vacation is very much about the cuisine. The last location is Moulay Idriss, Morocco which is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Casablanca. This area is well know for the Roman Baths that are said to have curative properties.
The last page of this issue was devoted to swimming in the Zambezi River Devil's pool in Zambia. This phenomenon can only be experienced during the dry season mid-August to mid-January. The African continent has many area on my bucket list especially with safaris, Morocco, Egypt and South Africa , the birth place of Nelson Mandela but I think i may have just added more.
What is on your bucket list?

Devil's Pool (Photo courtesy thetravelsista.com)


Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment