Tuesday 4 September 2018

Grand Assembly for the International Order of Rainbow for Girls

This summer I had the pleasure of attending grand assembly with my daughter and the rest of the Ottawa Rainbow Girls. Looking forward to next summer already when my youngest daughter will be able to join us. It is always a great pleasure to watch these young ladies go about running their meetings showing their confidence and skills. These ladies organize fundraisers for various organizations. They do things for seniors and the homeless, they are inspiring.
Once a year all the Canadian Assemblies get together for a long weekend to celebrate their accomplishments. As states they are the International Order of Rainbow for girls. Every two years they get together and celebrate Supreme Grand Assembly. This year it was held in Hampton, Virginia in July.
Victoria walking in

Victoria and I were supposed to attend for the first time but with our other travel plans and a few unexpected expenses we were unable at attend. A small group of young ladies from Canada did make and represented Canada well.
Victoria and I will start fundraising and saving now for Reno, Nevada Supreme in 2020, and who knows maybe we will take a side trip to Disneyland, San Diego for their famous zoo or go in the other direction to Las Vegas. All places I would love to be able to Providence first hand accounts about and not just my clients experiences.
Victoria is a Grand Representative this year to Maine, The Philippines and Ohio. This means she will get put into contact with one of the assemblies from those states or country and gets to learn about how Rainbow works there. She is already trying to convince us a trip to the Philippines is necessary. Do you think maybe she has inherited my travel bug? I am thinking we may try and get to Maine this year as it is not too far. Not to mention the theme is Harry Potter and we are Harry Potter Fanatics.
This year at Grand Assembly I was honored  and received the grand service award for my contributions and help with the Ottawa Assembly. I was very touched and surprised. It makes you feel great when what you do gets recognized.
Normally on our way home we stop at the Big Apple in Coburg (sorry New York lovers wrong direction). The kids are getting tired of this so we decided on a different adventure thus time. We stopped at Reid Dairy in Belleville. We all got ice cream and I brought home some fresh flavoured cheese curds. Now I wonder will we do this again after the Grand Officers Reception in October or will we expand our horizons and find somewhere else.
 Outside

Inside enjoying the ice cream

If you have a young lady in your life from the age of 11 to 21 who may be interested in the International Organization for Rainbow for girls please drop me a line and if you have girls who are 6 to 10 they can join the pledge group which gets them ready for Rainbow




Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment