Wednesday 21 December 2022

Grad Trip Adventures!! Part one

Thursday, November 4th we started our adventure with a train trip from Brockville to the Montreal Airport. The train was delayed about 20 minutes. No problem we met a nice lady who is a rail watcher and she explained all kinds of facts to us. I did not know this but had we driven to Kingston to get the train there is an early morning one that does not stop in Brockville that would have gotten us to Montreal in time for our plane. She also told us where on the platform our car would stop. You can learn a lot from other people if you only take the time to listen.
The train got delayed once we were on it due to a freight and passenger train needing to pass us. In all, we were about an hour late arriving in Montreal.




Just as I did when I traveled with my two youngest in February we stayed at the Marriott in the Aiport terminal. We had a late checkout time of 4:00 pm. We had to check in for our flight at about. 1:00 pm so this was ideal.





We could have enjoyed the gym or spa but decided to sleep in late and just chill. This no rushing to the airport is something I really enjoy.

We ordered room service for a late-night snack and breakfast. Everything is back to normal service wise which it was not in February. Being as this is the airport you do not have the option of outside delivery due to security.  If you have picky eaters could be a problem. Although mine did manage to eat.






Getting checked in and security was super fast. It was maybe 20.minutes max. Our delay was going through US customs. I used the app so we were quicker but most people did not so the wait was well over 40 minutes.




Our flight was delayed due to fog in the morning at LaGuardia. They cleared the incoming flight when it landed and had us boarded in a very short time. We had a short window in which to take off or we would have to wait two hours. Very thankful everyone moved quickly.

The new LaGuardia airport is amazing an attraction in itself. So for this trip, I decided on no private transfers I would try something new. Took one look at the taxi line which was a good hour's wait. So I quickly figured out Uber and we were picked up in about ten minutes. Easy peasy. We arrived at the hotel at about 10:30 and were so glad we came in a few days early.



Where you can find me: 
 Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor 
 TikTok: StephanieTTAND 
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca 
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com 
 TICO 50021282 55 York Street, Suite 1003 Toronto, On M5J 1R7 
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625 Direct Phone 343-998-6387 

 Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in Brockville I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area. I will still meet my clients in this area as well as in Leeds and Grenville.

No comments:

Post a Comment