Tuesday 22 May 2018

The Teppanyaki Experience at the Majestic Colonial

So we did have a free evening for dinner. I got together with a few travel agents and suppliers to go to dinner. I have never had the opportunity to eat Teppanyaki before. I had hoped to the have the opportunity last year on my Norwegian cruise but the opportunity did not present itself. So needless to say I was very happy.
This dinning show is very much made by the chef and his ability to perform to his audience. We did start with the unlimited Sushi bar as you have to wait a while for the chef. They had six stations with three chefs. Each station seats twelve so depending on your party size you could be eating with strangers. We were a party of six so there was another party of six with us.
When the chef comes over he heats up his grill. The first food he adds is eggs. Once the egg is cooked he takes turns throwing it to the guests to catch in their mouths. Our suppliers Aubrey and Michael both did this. Aubrey did require more than one attempt. The rest if us declined.


The sushi. I just had to try one of everything

Once he finished the egg he added rice and veggies. He then served us each a giant bowl.

 The pictures do not do justice to his knife skills
fried rice made fresh right before our eyes

While we were eating this he continued his show. He cooked veggies which included my favourite water chestnuts, chicken, beef, shrimp and salmon. It tasted so good but there was just too much food.

 our chef

 some of the yummy food


I just loved the noodles and they were so simple

After all of this they offered dessert. I took a picture of someone else's as I had to pass on dessert. It was just too much. Especially starting with so much Sushi. We did not feel rushed at all. However we had a later reservation time at 7:45 pm and it was closer to 8:00 pm when we got seated. Some colleagues who booked earlier did feel rushed to get in and out faster so I do recommend having a later start time if possible.

chocolate mousse


You can find me here
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Web: www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street Suite 803
Toronto, On 
M5J 1R7

No comments:

Post a Comment