Saturday 4 August 2018

What's up with Universal Studios Florida

So this summer my oldest daughter and I were supposed to attend Supreme Assembly for the International Order of Rainbow for girls in Virginia. This event happens every two years where all Rainbow girls meet to conduct the business of the order. We have a grand Assembly happening next week which is for all Rainbow girls in Canada which we will make it too. Now as part of our Supreme visit we were going to make a detour further South to visit Universal Studios Orlando just the two of us. But as often happens money got in the way. We have a few cruises booked and my Annual conference and always a possibility of a least one other work travel adventure a year and then all three girls needed new glasses this year and prescription eye wear is not covered under our plan so our getaway had to be cancelled. Which means we had been busy deciding on everything we wanted to see and do and catching up on what is new and you will get the benefit of our research. We will get there it is just a matter of getting it worked in there and of course winning the lottery would always help to (of course it would be easier if I actually bought tickets).

photo courtesy of universalorlando.com

There are several package offers right now for Universal. Splash, Stay & Play giving you access to all 3 parks, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Canadian Resident and Halloween Horror Nights. So these packages include staying onsite at one of their many resorts. Three of their resorts include free universal express access.  Loews Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific. They also have the following value resorts: Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Aventura Hotel, Sapphire Falls and in August 2019 the new Surfside Inn & Suites.
Just like Disney, Universal also has meal plans that can be pre purchased. They have a Universal Dining plan which includes 1 table service, 1 quick service, 1 snack and 1 alcoholic drink. They have a Quick service plan and a quick service plan with a souvenir refillable cup. They also have a Marvel Character Dinner that you can do.
There are 3 parks. Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay and the Citywalk. They have restaurants there as well as at the resorts. So many that I can't really list them all here. Here are a few that we would have liked to try, I had to leave out the restaurants that include seafood as my oldest is not a fan. Obviously I did not raise here well. lol. So Voodoo Doughnut, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, Green Eggs & Ham Cafe and the Captain America Diner.

Photo courtesy of orlandolocal.com

My children have not been to Universal ever and I have not been since 2001 so 80% of the attractions are new for me and Volcano Bay did not exist, they were still using Wet & Wild. The first attractions on our list are of course everything Harry Potter. We both love the books. She actually started reading them when she was in grade 2. So proud of her. Also high on my list if Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. So three rides that I do remember that I want to expose her to is ET, The Cat and the Hat and Men in Black. I still have my picture with my high score want to see if she can beat me and of I can beat myself.

Photo courtesy of universalorlando.com

Neither of us are big Water Park fans but I may just have gone to take pictures and be able to provide my clients with my reviews. Of course my middle daughter is a swimmer and loves water parks so she would be able to give me the greatest reviews and feedback, so I will make sure we squeeze her in with us for the visit.
I do have clients that are leaving this week who have also purchased a VIP Experience and I am hoping when they return they can share some feedback with me that I can share with you.

What are you waiting for and contact me to book your getaway as soon as possible.

Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment