Saturday 11 August 2018

Bad Customer Service

I do mostly stick to travel with my blog but I do occasionally discuss other things including my family as they are a big part of who I am. Now today I am going to go completely off topic and discuss a disturbing customer service experience that I have had recently.
In June my daughter asked me to order her a pair of Adidas flip flops.  They are the only thing I wear and she wanted her own. My first pair I picked up at a store in Syracuse, NY wore them until they died. Literally they broke in half. The second pair I ordered on Amazon after looking for and not finding any locally to me. So I was getting ready to place an order for the pair my daughter liked on Amazon when she stopped me. She suggested I order from Adidas online direct as they had a great deal. The shoes were better priced but I ended up paying more for shipping, but no big deal.

So I will admit life got in the way. Graduation, end of school, end of our activities etc.. So around the beginning of July I was like hey where are these darn shoes. Tracking still says they are processing at the warehouse. I try chat but the program keeps freezing and I forgot to try again later. A few times  I think of calling and it is after their hours either evening or weekend. So finally I connect with an agent. Agrees yes this is strange I will send out a request to the Warehouse and get this processed should not be long now. Okay I can handle this, got stuck it happens. Call again July 18th it is now over a month status still shows processing. Agent tells me this is not right and he will send another request to get this moving and also send me an email with a voucher with an amount off my next purchase. I will be honest I am thinking to myself it is has been over a month no product how likely do you think it is I am ever going to order again.
So now I call again July 26th order still in processing at the warehouse and the agent will email them to get to the bottom of this. I say wait no this has been well over a month know. I no longer want or need the product I just want a refund. Agent tells me they will send a request for refund to finance. So I patiently wait a few days as I know these things are not instant. August 1st I call back still no refund oh we will email finance about this. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor will email finance and I should hopefully hear from him by email by Friday. By the end of their business day nothing. It is the long weekend so I go about my business. Wednesday the 8th so I have given them one extra day after the civic holiday. Call and ask for a supervisor right away but the agent needs to hear my story before transferring me. The supervisor tells me they will email finance. I say wait this has been done twice already plus all the emails to the warehouse for the product. Can't you just call. No this is against protocol. What about a higher manager. No my team is it but you can not have a direct number to contact them or a person assigned to make sure your file is dealt with. I worked in a call center environment for 10 years and had never heard anything so ridiculous that no one could take ownership of this problem or contact another department via phone. So I told the supervisor I would take it to social media still did not rattle a cage.
First I made a paypal claim as I did pay from my bank account through paypal but keep in mind it can take 30 days and they need the seller to contact them with details. We know how good they are at responding to email requests.
Then I posted a condensed version of this on my facebook page. I guess Adidas got smart as you are not allowed to post on their page. I could post it as a comment but I figure what's the point. I really just do not want anyone else to have to experience this total lack of customer service. I remained calm through out only swearing once (bullshit) and still did not get the care that should have been forthcoming.
I have worked in the service industry all my life and the thing that bothers me most is that no one can take ownership of a file.



Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment