Monday 1 August 2022

When Life Throws you Lemons

 So of course just when I figured everything was on track and I was getting settled life has once again thrown some lemons my way. But I have to tell you I am getting much better at navigating all of this. The Weekend of July 23rd I was feeling a bit off you know one of those air conditioning sinus problems that creep up every summer. But apparently, it was more than just that. Monday my partner told me my face looked a bit off. I just kind of ignored it and went along with my day. But by Tuesday morning I started noticing weird things happening also and being as I have high blood pressure my immediate thought was a stroke.

I was good after putting it off a bit and taking myself to the hospital. First time visiting Brockville General Hospital and I have to say I was seen and out in under 2 hours. I was very lucky for that indeed. I was diagnosed with bell's palsy. Which is basically the swelling of one of the nerves in your head. I was given meds and the effects can apparently last up until 6 months.

This was hard news but I figured ok I can take it in stride the only glitch is that I am scheduled to finally have my gallbladder removed after almost twenty years. My attacks have never been severe enough for immediate surgery and the one time I saw a surgeon 10 years ago I had just lost my job and scheduling surgery at the time while looking for a new job did not seem like a good idea. So I put it off and of course, let's get it all out there I am also severely obese so the number of surgeons willing and able to help me also diminished.

With that said surgery was scheduled for September 8th but it also meant a severe weight loss program to make the surgery easier on everyone involved. So I had just started a two-shake-a-day program (meal replacement) with one meal a day.  My biggest weight problems have been due to a lack of physical activity (it got harder as I got bigger) and emotional eating. 

With all of this said this past week was a roller coaster of a ride with emotions. I did have a bit of a breakdown Friday with the overwhelmingness of everything but you know what I did not turn to my food. I had a cry. Talked it out with family and friends and stuck to my guns.

I have my clinic follow-up appointment this week and I will be moving to 4 shakes a day, no real food so I will keep you all posted on how this goes.

I have also decided to up the anty so to speak. So I work for Exclusive to you Travel Services as an independent home-based travel agent. Exclusive to you is hosted by The Travel Agent Next Door (TTAND) which hosts many independent home-based agencies to help gives an amazing say in the industry and with suppliers. So TTAND has been doing a contest last several summers called Fit Trip in order to help keep us motivated during the covid lockdown. We had no work, were losing money from trips that were canceled, and time trying to help out clients muddle through the mess,

Well, I kept saying I would join and get active again, etc but I just did not have the motivation. The last two years as I explained in my last blog took a huge toll on my family. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for years but it got so much worse and I am moving forward. I am setting a small goal not a huge goal because I think not eating is going to be its own issue and no need to overwhelm myself and just set myself up not to succeed yet again. So I am going to start with walking. I am going to aim for 3 or 4 days a week. I know it will not be far. Walking is harder than it used to be. 

So now that I have shared so much about myself let's get back down to travel!!! 

I am going to be launching new things. I have joined the Brockville Chamber of Commerce and hope to have many exciting things to share soon. As well as I have had many clients booking Disney again. it is great to see. I need to get myself back to Disney and back on another Disney cruise. But really looking forward to Tokyo Disneyland next summer. I have a number of group ventures so please reach out to me with any of your vacation needs. I do specialize in Family and Group travel and am not just limited to Disney




Where you can find me:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor

TikTok: StephanieTTAND
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 343-998-6387

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in Brockville I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area. I will still meet my clients in this area as well as in Leeds and Grenville.



No comments:

Post a Comment