Saturday 21 October 2017

Freedom of the Seas - Main Dining Room

So as I mentioned in my last blog we had the second seating for our supper. This was done so that our whole group could eat together. I will say it is a rather later time to eat but that it really does make sense on the Mediterranean cruise, Most ports are 8 plus hours and therefore the excursions are longer. By having the second sitting you do not have to worry about being late for your supper. However the my time option is also available which means you could book your reservations for dinner around your excursion times. Also the buffet is always available as well. We did not eat at the buffet once for supper so I can not speak to what they served that may have been different from their lunch time offerings.
The first night they of course offered prime rib and really who can turn that up. I didn't.
medium rare with au jus, potato and mixed veggies

A chocolate souffle type dessert

The way the dining room works is you are offered an appetizer, main course and dessert. You can chose whatever you want to eat no limits. So if you want two appetizers, that is fine, two main dishes, that is fine, two desserts that is fine. They will keep bringing you whatever you order. I have seen people make a meal over several appetizers. You will sit at the same table every night and you will have the same waiter and assistant. They do get to know your preferences. Now because of our group we were a bit different as we had five tables and were encouraged to mingle. But the wait staff took this is stride.

My second night was chicken it was ok but not as filing as I would have hoped

 My ceviche appetizer

The lamb was so good. It has been a long time since i have had lamb

 Crab cake appetizer

 Chicken Cordon awesome sauce

Strawberry dessert (this was my mom's I only do chocolate lol)

 Shrimp and rice dish

 Another one of my mom's desserts

All the waiters did a singing number this evening and all the guest were waving their white napkins

The second last night is also the last night for assigned dinning. It also the second time they offer prime rib and Lobster time. I will admit this was a first for me as I ordered two entree's. I figured they would just combine them onto one plate but they brought them separate. I did not eat all of the sides but I so enjoyed this meal.

 Lobster tail with shrimp, rice and broccoli

Prime Rib with potato croquette and green beans

I did have escargots as an appetizer one evening as well and I did miss a few pictures. I am still not into the whole taking pictures of your food but I am learning that people do want to see this. Now on my NCL cruise I had seafood every night of some sort, ,now it was a Caribbean cruise. I had hoped to have the same being in the Mediterranean but there was not a lot of choice. I still enjoyed the food in the dining room much better than I did the buffet as it was not cold. 
People have asked about gratuities. They can be pre paid and they are set at a certain amount per day per guest. These get split between your cabin steward and your dining staff. There is nothing that says you can not pay out more or leave a little something extra for them. They do leave envelopes on your last evening that you can leave tips in.
I still have so much to share about the ship itself but the next blog post will be about our first Port Villefranche.

Want to get in touch you can fine me here:
www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor

www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca or www.exclusivetoyoutravel.com

Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com




No comments:

Post a Comment