Sunday 23 July 2017

Bucket Lists

The Merriam Webster dictionary defines bucket list as follows:  a list of things that one has not done before but wants to do before dying. According to them the first know use was 2006. 

Origin and Etymology of bucket list from the phrase kick the bucket (to die).

The Movie called "The Bucket List" was released in 2007 featuring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Two men who are terminally ill and decided to leave the hospital and do the things on their bucket list before they die. 
When I think of a bucket list I automatically think of travel but not everyone thinks that way. Some people think of things they would like to do or milestones they would like to accomplish. Some of the things would be sky diving, bungee jumping, ride in a hot air balloon, learn to ski, get married etc...
So as you can guess being a travel agent I have a travel bucket list. But being a travel agent I have three different lists. List one is for travel with my family. List two is for travel with either my husband or friends and list three is travel for research. I will be honest it would take most of my life to complete my lists and a lot of money.
My family list includes the following: Disneyland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New York City, British Columbia, San Diego, San Francisco, Beaches Resort, Nickelodeon Punta Cana  and Adventure by Disney Ireland trip (this one is important as we of Irish heritage) and last but not least a Disney cruise (my son would be even happier if it was Marvel Days at Sea or Star Wars Day at Sea one)


                                          These photos are courtesy of disneyparks.disneygo.com

My couple/Friend list includes the following: Las Vegas, New Orleans, African Safari, European tour, Australia, Hong Kong, Alaska, Seattle, Boston, Nashville, Middle East, Vietnam, Signapore, Taiwan, Russia and Japan.

 Photo courtesy of history.com

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

Last but not least is my solo list which is really my research list for selling travel. It includes the following: Sandals Resorts (all of them lol), Karisma Resorts (all of them), Hard Rock Resorts Riveria Maya, Unico, Royal Caribbean Cruise, Pride of America (NCL Hawaii cruise), Princess Cruise, Celebrity cruise preferably Galapagos, 

Photo courtesy of celebritycruises.com

So what is on your travel bucket list? Do you have separate lists based on who you are travelling with like I do. Take a minute and leave me a comment.

Want to check me out: www.exclsuivetoyoutravel.ca or www.exclusivetoyoutravel.com
www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor


No comments:

Post a Comment