Saturday 29 July 2017

Kids Bucket List

My last post dealt with children's influence on our travel choices. So in keeping with that theme and my bucket list theme I decided to ask my four kids what their travel bucket lists are. The older two were a bit more thought out than the younger two but I have to say I was impressed with all of them.

Victoria will be 13 in mere days and this was her list: Paris, Hawaii, Ireland, London, Harry Potter World, New York City, The great wall of china, Belgium, Greece, Italy and Egypt. The only one that really surprises me on her list is Egypt but I suppose the pyramids is what draws all of us to wanting to go to Egypt. Ireland is important because it represents our heritage. Lough is an Irish last name meaning a body of water. My mother was an O'Reilly so we have Irish everywhere as well as French.

Elizabeth will be 12 in just over two weeks and this was her list: Hawaii, Niagara Falls, Miami, Belgium and Mexico. I guess we need to get some local travel in, in between or big vacation. I am surprised that her list is not longer but I think she thought of this as a chore when I asked. After all how dare I interrupt her summer vacation.

Katherine will be 10 in the Fall and this was her list: Jamaica, Disney World (again), Miami, Mexico, Ireland and a zoo. We have been to the Toronto zoo but she was young so she obviously does not remember it.

Daniel who is 9 has a short and sweet list: Ireland, Mexico and take the train somewhere like dad did (he just came back from a business trip to Toronto).

I think Miami and Mexico made the kids lists because of the fact that I went to Mexico last summer with my friend and then my cruise this spring was out of Miami. They like hearing and seeing where I get to go and want to experience it for themselves as well. Of course with the upcoming cruise for our family they will get Miami and we have two ports in Mexico.

I am definitely thinking our 2020 Family vacation will have to be Ireland. I think they will all be old enough to remember it as well as get the full benefit of everything they are seeing.

Ireland photo courtesy of Ireland.com

Take moment and share with us what your kids bucket lists are. I am sure there will be some surprises.

Check me out: www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca or www.exclusivetoyoutravel.com
www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor


No comments:

Post a Comment