Friday 7 July 2017

Value Resorts at Disney

I will admit that in the five times I have been to Disney I have only ever stayed at a Value Resort. I have stayed at both the All Star Music and the All Star Movie's Resorts and I have no faults with them at all.
I have seen the other resorts I even went to the spa at the Grand Floridian for a day. For me Disney is expensive and I want to maximize my dollars and that means staying at a Value. Especially now that I have a family of six, We are planning to go in December 2018 but it is still a bit early to price out a vacation but I imagine we will do either two rooms at the All Star Movies as my parents will once again be joining us or we may check out a family suite at the Art of Animation. They have built 3 wings that specifically cater to families of five and six. They do have Little Mermaid rooms for the Family of four however the drawback is that they are at the back of the resort so further to walk than the family suites would be. When booking a value resort if you pay the little bit extra for the preferred room you will be closer to the lobby and the main pool. Trust me this will make a difference after spending 8 plus hours at the parks and coming home with tired children who have more than likely dozed on the bus ride and no longer want to make that walk back to the room because they are too tired. The value resorts have two pools and usually a small wader for the littlest ones. Whereas the moderates and deluxe pools will have slides and extra water features that the value's do not.
We like the pool for a quick dip to relax and cool down and really do not need the extra features and if we really did we could take the time to go to one of Disney's Waterparks. Blizzard Beach being less than five minutes from the All Star Resorts.
Beds at a value resort are either two doubles or a king whereas the moderate and deluxe resorts provide two queens. My husband an I are heavier so instead of sharing with each other. He shared with our son and I took our youngest daughter.
If money were not a worry than I would probably check out a few of the other resorts. My list in no particular order would be the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Polynesian Resort, the Wilderness Lodge and the Beach Club.
All of the value resorts have food courts as opposed to a sit down restaurant. Again I like this when travelling with the kids. If one feels like pizza, the other hot dogs and I want the roast beef dinner then we can all be taken care of. Although most sit down restaurants do tend to have the regulars for kids: pizza, mac and cheese and chicken fingers. It just makes it quick and easy and breakfast can be taken care of the same with someone having a full breakfast and someone else eating a bagel. We all get taken care of quick and easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment