Wednesday 2 January 2019

First day of Family Vacation!!

So our first family cruise was scheduled for Sunday December 16th but we of course decided to fly in a day early. One can never be sure what weather delays can head your way or any delays for that matter. So when taking a cruise I 100% endorse flying in a day early even if you sail away is 4:00 pm or later.
So this meant we were flying out of Montreal to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday December 15th. With a 7:00 am flight departure and living about an hour and half from the airport meant we got up at the ungodly hour of 2:00 am to leave the house at 3:00 am. We had priority booking which means we could use the Club line which is far shorter than regular check in. As a matter of fact we walked in and were seen right away. The regular check in line was at least three turns deep. I highly recommend Club class or Option Plus with Transat it is the best way to fly!!

 Waiting patiently in the airport

The rest of us

So we went through security and waited patiently on the other side for 6:00 am to come and the plane to begin boarding. After some consideration I have decided that while we are given priority and allowed to board first I think in the future I will wait and board last, The plane was full we had rows four and five on one side completely booked with the six of us. I am heavy and cramped on the plane. I put two little people with me so it gave me much needed breathing room. But my sciatica that developed this past summer decided to flare up and a 3 hour plane ride plus an hour of just sitting did not help it. Had I boarded towards the end of loading I would have had just 3 hours to deal with and I had no pain until I got on the plane. Unfortunately this flight did not have club seats or we would have been in those. Our carry on was small and fit under our seats so we also did not have to worry about stowing above. It was amazing to see how many people had carry on suitcases and then for them trying to find places to store them. My priority seats came with 2 free suitcases for check in so was not worrying about large carry on's at all.

my row on the plane (did not get the other row)

So we flew into Fort Lauderdale arrived on time and headed over to the car rental terminal (they are a big airport with four terminals). We had decided to rent a car stay in Miami as that is where our cruise was leaving from the next day. I am going to leave you here and pick up with the rental car experience and drive from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. Believe me they deserve a post all of their own


Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment