Saturday 12 January 2019

Sail Away on NCL Getaway

Once we finished eating at the buffet for lunch we still had time to wait for our cabins to be ready. So we did a quick tour deck 15 as we walked to the forward elevators. They have the kids splash area, kids pool, adults pools and hot tubs and of course the slides. The Spa is also found on this deck. Sadly I once again did not get a chance to visit. I think I am definitely saving up my money for a visit on my September cruise no excuses no distractions. We then headed down to deck six and the Atrim with their huge screen tv. Lots was going on down there and we spent lots of time in the Atrim over the week.

We were tucked away in a back corner

Shortly after 1:30 pm in was announced that cabins were ready and so we decided to take this opportunity to check them out. Now when I originally booked this cruise in December 2016 my father and husband were coming. I had booked two inside cabins for my family and an ocean view for my parents. When the men backed out we decided to change the reservation to two cabins and upgraded them both to Balconies. This was a first for me as I have only sailed inside cabins before. The balcony does add to your overall space but really did not find the cabin much bigger than my insides. They were still lead in rates. We decided to chill in our cabin for a while and did sail away from our balcony's which was a nice treat.
 Our room two beds and the pull out couch

Bathroom. Pokey Toilet, Door is the Shower

So our rooms were not connecting but they were beside each other. My room had separate beds, I had one Elizabeth took the other and Daniel had the couch for the week. In the second room they left the bed as one. My mother slept in it all week and Victoria and Katherine took turns between the bed and the sofa bed.My biggest complaint about cruising in the lack of space for the toilet. It is wedged in between the shower stall and the counter. Not a whole lot of wiggle room. 

 Sail away from Miami

 Sail Away from Miami

 Miami Sail away

Gorgeous sunset view

The sail away gave us some gorgeous views of Miami and South Beach and of the lovely Sunset. My oldest got a few gorgeous Sunset pictures. I stole them as they were better than mine. I guess she may just be a keeper after all.



The deck is not super big it fits two chairs and a table. Daniel is sitting on our little table so we all could fit out there. It was great to sit out there and enjoy the fresh air and quite.  Now before we could sail away we did have to do our mandatory life boat drill. The only thing I found bizarre about this is that we were one family two rooms with linked reservations but we had our stations separated. My mom and two girls were on deck six in Savor restaurant and myself and the other two kids were on deck seven in the Tropicana restaurant. Based on some of the conversations I overheard we were not the only family this happened too. The Mandatory Life Boat Drill must be attended by everyone on the ship and has to be done before the ship can sail away. They scan your cards so if you try and miss it they will find you and do your own individual presentation. It is really easier to go and get it down as quickly as possible.
The first evening we decided to try out the main dinning room The Tropicana for supper. I wanted everyone to give it a try I did not want to be stuck in the buffet all week for every meal and I knew we were not going to do any specialty restaurants on this cruise. I have a few picky eaters including my oldest who is the worst of our group. We started off our meals with appetizers. I only got two pictures from the whole group. My oldest actually had the first she only would not touch the blue cheese.

 Appetizer: Artisanal Cheese Plate




 yummy crab cakes

After the appetizers we moved on to the main dishes. 3 of the kids did the kids menu (including the oldest) my second oldest decided to try jambalaya she did not like it so got a kids main. I had a nice Scampi main course. It was so yummy.

 my artichoke and scampi pasta

Victoria's hot dog and fries (after the cheese plate)

So only three of us had dessert. The other three did end up having you guessed it soft ice cream at the buffet later on. We had hoped my heading to eat early we would make the early Welcome aboard show in the theater but it did not happen and we were too tired that first day to even consider the second show.

 Creme Brulee

 Chocolate lava cake with strawberries

Salted caramel chocolate tart with meringue

The desserts did not fail. The whole meal was great we loved our sever her was so friendly and inviting and I wish we had gotten his name as I really would have liked to have left positive feedback with our experience with him. I will be more proactive with this in the future for sure.




I am getting slightly better at selfies and at least I am trying to include myself in my pictures so the kids will remember that I did exist and was present. Thinking I will definitely invest in a dreaded selfie stick. Now before we headed to bed the three youngest had to hit the pool for an hour before it closed at 8:00 pm for the night. There were only four other kids in the pool so it was nice and quite. Once they were done. We headed to our cabins watched a movie and went to bed. Sorry you will not find any party animals on this cruise with this crew.  Day two we will be at Sea so stay tuned for our next adventure



Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment