Tuesday 8 January 2019

Still day one but Finally at the Hotel!!

After twelve plus hours of travelling we finally made it to our hotel The Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International. I am so used to taking shuttles to hotels that it never occurred to me to look at parking as I was driving the rental van. Needless to say it was not cheap at $20 USD overnight. Something to keep mind if I or clients ever drive somewhere.
The lobby area of this hotel is massive. They have many tables set up for people to eat at and mingle with built in chargers. There breakfast buffet in the morning was awesome and in the evening they had free cocktails, pop and hors d'oeuvres. They definitely take care of their guests.

 Eating/Meeting area

 3 glass elevators at the end of the lobby area

lovely water fountain feature

 Breakfast area (they had made to order eggs) plus a buffet with scrambled

plenty of room to eat both inside the room and out

We booked a 2 room suite. Which had 2 double beds and a pull out couch. The sitting room had table and chairs. The layout was quite nice. But of course kids being kids they did not want to co-operate for sleeping arrangements. My mother slept on the lounger chair in the sitting room, my oldest daughter on the couch not as a bed. My youngest slept with me and the second daughter slept on the floor and the third ended up with the second bed to herself. 

 Sitting room couch

 table and chairs and tv

Mini fridge, microwave, sink in sitting area

 2 double beds in bedroom

 another sink and mirror, tv, armoire in bedroom

very tiny balcony looks out towards the airport

Being so close to the airport and watching the planes flying right overhead I was worried sleep would be hard to come by especially as we were on the top floor. But honestly I did not hear the planes at all. Now that also could be because I was very tired once it was time for bed and slept like the dead but no one else complained either and the kids did nap while I was driving and on the plane as well. The bathroom was spacious. It had a tub, toilet and counter with sink and mirror. With 3 sinks and mirrors in the suite it does make it easier for six people to get ready in the morning.

 Bathroom counter top

 Toilet space

bathtub

The hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. Yes of course the kids wanted to check it. Luckily it had been raining and it just was not a good time. So we did not have to worry about wet bathing suits until we got on the cruise. Although  I did snap a picture from my balcony.


Being tired we took advantage of Uber Eats and ordered in Takeout from the Miami Grill. I enjoyed and loved the Uber Eats app. Living in a small town I have never had the opportunity to use it before. I will definitely use it again if the opportunity presents itself. 

 Food delivered to our door 

 Donair with cheesy fries

Kids enjoying their food
So one thing I did not mention when we checked in our room was not yet ready. They provide you with a pager so you can sit and relax in the enormous lobby until they page you. I don't think we even waited ten minutes. Also the hotel does provide shuttles to the port, airport and even local shopping. I did not check out the prices as I did not need the, I would like to assume they were reasonable. At the end of the day the rooms were a bit tired and could use a sprucing up, the lobby was amazing and I definitely would stay at the Embassy Suites again and recommend it to clients. Stay tuned for Day 2 and all the trouble we can get in...


Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 803
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment