Wednesday 18 May 2022

Harmony of the Seas - Day Two

 Day two started bright and early. We decided to try our hand at room service for breakfast. Continental breakfast is free a full breakfast costs $7.45 USD. Fruit, pastries, toast, juice, and tea are what we choose. It was delivered on time but the toast did not stay hot. We started at 8:20 not too bad. As you can see Eeyore and myself were ready for the action-packed day.

As part of our swag, we got these lovely towel holders for your pool chairs. They worked just as well to save our spots in the conference room and it would be a while before I saw the pool. So might as well get some use out of it. For those of you joining me on my group cruise to Alaska in August 2022, you may just have something similar in your swag. I still have a few cabins on the NCL Bliss round trip from Seattle on board the NCL Bliss. Send me an email if you are interested in more details.

Opening Sessions always include a great welcome and update on what is going on with The Travel Agent Next Door from our fearless leader Flemming Frisdhal as well as we get to meet all of the staff there in person and a short video of the staff that stay home to man the fort while the rest of us are away


It is so inspirational to have so many partners working together in support of our businesses. We then have supplier presentations and one of our speakers presented today as well. Lunch allowed us an opportunity for small group sessions with suppliers in the main dining room or you could do lunch on your own. We did not get a table with a supplier today but the rest of the week when it was available we did

                                                    lunch was a fish sandwich, slaw, and fries

the appetizer was a shrimp caesar salad

So each supplier that attends conference gets between 15 and 20 minutes to tell us about their product. We don't all use all the suppliers so some of us have more experience with some and less with others. This introduces us to everyone but still a very short time period. They are not complete meanies and we do get a coffee break in the morning and the afternoon but it is intense.


Meet Eric my travel partner that helps me with all of your Royal Caibbean cruise needs. Stay tunned as I have some group space with them for March 2023 and March 2024. Think March break getaway with the family.



Next up we have Cindy from Norwegian Cruise Lines. Some of you who follow me on facebook will have seen our co-hosted cruise night featuring the details for my Augusy 2022 group cruise on the NCL Bliss which still has a few cabins left.



Please meet David from G Adventures. An amazing small group company that caters to all ages, travel styles and gives back to the communitues they visit. Exclusive to you travel has some Costa Rica group space for 2023. Let me know if you are interested. You will see a few us down below pertending to be bees and buzzing away. He had a great game show to get us up and moving and engaging with his product. We all joined in the fun. Even me 




Please meet Geraldine Rea she is a motivational coach for travel agents and she has worked in the travel industry in many different shoes over the last 25 years including that of agent.  She presented three times during the work to help us learn how to work smarter not harder. 



Next up is Krista from Air Canada Vacations one of my go to suppliers for your winter sun destination vacations. Want to put together a group of family and friends to travel with your own bubble this winter (I know we are doing summer right now) contact me and we can get you some great early bird rates



Last but not least is Jonathon from Royal Irish tours with the accent and all. I have a custom tour done up with them for you to book into for August of 2023. It is Game of Thrones themed so we will some of the great destinations featured in the show on this tour as well we will be spending one night in a castle. Want more details please reach out. I also am hoping to have a ladies Scotland group for 2023 Featuing Outlander so if you want to find out more details contact me to be put on the list.

There were more presenations from other suppliers but just too many to list them all. I do specialize in family and group travel which is pretty much the world so if their is something you are interested in please let me know. I am also hoping to have a Canadian group adventure every year also starting in 2023.

After lunch, there were more presentations and then we break for the evening. We did not do a specialty dining room so we had supper in the main dining room again tonight.

Here was tonights dinner choices in the main dinning room.


Escargots or as I tell my children Gary (for those that do not have young children Spongebob Square pants pet snail)


Tonight was beef tenderloin with aspargus. I have learned you can request more veggies so next time I cruise I will be asking for a side plate


Yes this is carrot cake. I can register your surprise that I went with something that was not chocolate. But it does happen and this indeed did call to me and was well worth the change.

That night we decided to take in some entertainment and Grease was the broadway play that was being performed. I was a little disapointed I did not think it was up to par with other performances I have seen. I also have seen Grease and the National Arts Centre at home. It was a packed theater and Eeyore did have a good time himself.






This of course meant a late night which meant not a lot of sleep with an early wake up call

Where you can find me:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in South Dundas I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area


No comments:

Post a Comment