Thursday 12 May 2022

Harmony of the Seas - My home for a week

 So on Sunday, April 24th I boarded Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas for a week-long work conference. The ship is currently the third-largest ship in the world. For conference, we had three options of cabins. We could book an inside cabin, a central park balcony, or an ocean view balcony. I originally was going to book the inside to save money. After all, I just need a bed to sleep in right?

I have made that statement as many times as have some of my clients have and I will admit I am 100% against it now that the world has changed. If I had to get quarantined to my cabin for covid or any other medical reason I would 100% want the opportunity for fresh air and real light. Not to mention I work when I travel and having natural light or being able to bring my laptop out to the balcony is a great bonus. I also not above bringing it out to the pool deck or anywhere else I can still particpate in ship life and still work.

So we arrived to board the ship. You have to sign up for your time to show up and they are only letting you in when your window starts. This is to keep crowds and number of people close together lower. Before we eneterd the terminal they checked our antigen covid tests. Inside as I had done the whole online check in they simply checked my picture to confirm I was one and the same and looked at the negative test a second time. I was then free to board the ship. My boarding time was noon. Rooms were not ready util after 1 and your ship cards would be with them. I met my roomate who had an earlier arrival time then I did. She boarded with the first group at 11:00 am. We headed to Johnny Rockets for lunch. I will discuss that a bit more in another post.


Just like on my Disney cruise they have changed how they do their mandatory muster. Once again to keep down the number of people crammed together in one area. On their app, you watch a video and listen to the drill sounds and then you go physically check in to your muster location. Everyone has to complete this before you sail so as that time was approaching they kept announcing to people to get it done. 

Here are some pictures of our balcony with ocean view cabin








Now here is a quick picture of what a balcony with a central park or boardwalk view would see




So as you can see these cabins still get the fresh air they just are facing areas on the ship, not the ocean. I like the ocean, to be honest, a lot more peaceful, What do you think? Those facing inside are less expensive than the ocean view.



Where you can find me:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in South Dundas I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area


No comments:

Post a Comment