Saturday 26 August 2017

International Order of Rainbow for Girls (IORG)

My daughters belong to the youth organization International Order of Rainbow for Girls. It teaches girls what matter most leadership, confidence, and citizenship. Every day across the globe, hundreds of thousands of girls come together to laugh, share and grow through fun events and challenging workshops designed to empower girls of all ages, Rainbow Girls volunteer for their community and travel to other clubs. along the way, they make new friend and gather invaluable life skills that help them become the best daughter, sister and friend they can be.
Whether their dream is to become the CEO of their own company, a talented artist, or a loving mother, Rainbow Girls learn that they can accomplish anything, and in the process, they can make a difference in this world.
These girls range in age from 11 to 21 and from 6 to 11 they can join the pledge sisters which is the pre-organization. My daughters have been with this organization now for three years. My two oldest have grown so much over this time and they impress me with what they can do and accomplish.
I had the honour of accompanying them to their Grand Assembly this Month in Burlington, Ontario and I have never been so proud of them and all the young ladies that belong to this organization with them. They all show so much character and promise.
There are currently active chapters in Ottawa, Toronto, Port Hope, Brampton, Windsor, and Hamilton. They are also hoping to have a new chapter in Barrie. There are many chapters unfortunately in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario that have gone dark because of lack of members.

 My oldest daughter had many roles this weekend and made me so proud
 My second oldest in the choir
When the grand officers retired from the session

I know that you were most likely expecting a post about travel and indeed we did spend the weekend at the Burlington Holiday Inn Conference Center. However I thought I would share what the travel industry has done for me. It has allowed me to work from the comfort of my home or from a hotel room while I participate in my children's extracurricular activities, I love helping people's travel dreams come true and being home for my kids when they need me most.

If you are interested in Rainbow for your daughters you can find more information here: http://www.canadaiorg.org/

My website: www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca or www.facebook.com/stephaniethatravelagentnextdoor



No comments:

Post a Comment