Monday 14 August 2017

NCL Escape 5 Nassau

So the day after Tortola was another Sea Day which for me meant another day of class. But quite honestly I can not tell you how much I learned. It was a really great experience being able to attend The Travel Agent Next Door Conference. I got to learn so much and meet so many great suppliers.
After the day at sea we were finally reaching Nassau. Now when they first told us about the cruise we had the opportunity to take the Atlantis Ambassador program so that we would be able to spend our time at Atlantis. For those of you who do not know Atlantis is an amazing Resort/Destination that is very family oriented with sea animal encounters, dig experiences, water park etc.. I was so excited I did the whole program in less than a day and was so excited to see what we would be able to experience for the day.
 A view of Atlantis Resort from the Bridge

 Up close view

Fountain out front

So this is as close as I got to Atlantis. A nice view of the resort from the outside. With a quick drive outside. You see the Bahamas Tourist Board found out we were coming and decided to extend a very special invite to us. The invited us to a bus tour of the Islands, a Conch salad demonstration and then High Tea at the Governor Generals house with a fashion show, performance by the police force band and a group of local school children. So I had to be a big girl and give up my excitement to visit Atlantis. Although Atlantis is still on my list which means I will have to a great excuse to go to the Bahamas a second time.

Our tour bus (it has ac)

 Government building

 View of the harbour

 Famous house (hard to see)

 Local food vendor

 Monuments and flags

Fountain and view of the trees

The tour of the islands was enlightening. Learned about many famous sites and people. We saw the hospital where Anna Nicole Smith had her baby. Heard about the people that still flock to her grave to this day. We also learned about their rich history and culture.

 Conch Salad Demonstration


After the tour we stopped at a local restaurant we were given a conch salad demonstration. Conch is considered a local delicacy. I loved it. Unfortunately we were one of the last buses to arrive so we did not get as much time at the restaurant otherwise I would have ordered the deep fried conch to try as some of my fellow agents did. I was so impressed with the salad as it contained fresh fruits and vegetables in and went down so well.

After the restaurant visit we moved on to the govenor generals home. We were treated to high tea, a fashion show from local designers, the Police band performing and just an overall awesome time. So while I missed Atlantis I still ended up having a great time. I could not get a picture of the children performers as I was at the back of the room but they were so cute and great!!

 Open sandwiches

 Fruit plate

 Desserts

 Place setting
Police Band Singers

 One of the models

 Same model but a different outfit

 Bands performance out front before marching away

So at the end of the tour they dropped us back at the pier and we had some free time before we had to board the ship. Some agents walked back to check out the straw market and the beach. Sandy and I headed to the Harley store picked up a small gift for my husband and son. Now those of you who know me well know that I am not really a jewelry person. I wear none. Earings and necklaces for dressing up so I only have a few that I really like. Well I went to the Pandora store and I have to confess I bought a Pandora bracelet and a charm. So the charm I picked out was of course Disney although  I know I will be adding travel charms as well. My very first charm had to be Eeyore. Once we were done we wandered through the local booths at the Pier.


Last few images you see before heading back to the ship. Now the top five shore excursions as per the ship are as follows:
1. Blamoral Island Beach Break
2. Balmoral Island Stingray & Beach Day
3. Athol Island Snorkell
4. Paradise Island & Sightseeing
5. Charm & Beauty of Bahamas.
Shore excursions can be booked through the website once you do your online check in, onboard or you can use another company.

Here is the link for one of my favourite companies. They have the same guarantees about getting you back to the ship on time also some of the tours are similar but they will be for  a much smaller group or private for that matter

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/?&id=242318&data=slough@thetravelagentnextdoor.com


Check me out at www.exclsuivetoyoutravel.ca or www.exclusivetoyoutravel.com or 
www.facebook.com/Stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment