Tuesday 8 August 2017

NCL Escape 2

So I left off my last blog with me sailing away from Miami aboard the NCL Esacpe. For those of you wondering the buffet and a few restaurants open for food so if you wanted an early lunch it was available.
I finally got into my cabin and my luggage had arrived and I hate to say this but I seemed to have not taken any pictures of my inside cabin. Not quite sure how that happened. The bathroom is small. Toilet and shower stall beside each other and a counter with a full length mirror and sink. Outside the bathroom their is a vanity with a few drawers and another mirror, plug in's and a mini fridge/bar. There were two separate twin beds and a night table between the two of them. Also a closet and a flat screen television on the wall. Honestly for the amount of time we actually spent in our cabin (pretty much sleeping and changing)  it was adequate for two people to stay in. I did hate the fact that it was always dark but I had a no problems sleeping because of that and sleeping on a working cruise is important.
Sitting on my bed was my Freestyle Daily (Day 1) this will show up every day of your cruise. It lists everything going on for the day as well on this day it has important information on some of things you need and want to know for a first cruise.





This was great pamphlet that came in daily. Granted on sea days I was in class until 4:00 pm everyday so I missed out on a lot of the activities going on. But I can honestly say their is something for everyone and every age to keep you happy when you are at Sea or if you decide to stay on board during a port day as well.

Norwegian has a beverage packages available with or without alcohol. I do not drink pop and because it was a work event we had cocktail parties scheduled and wine with dinner so I figured I did not need the ultimate beverage package. I do highly recommend the package especially if you are taking it as free at sea promotion (you do have to pay the 18% gratuity when you purchase the package). You can also pre-purchase 1l bottles of water before your board or on boarding day. I ordered 6 to have one for everyday and they were perfect. I probably should have drank more water than I did because I was quite swollen when I got home from my vacation.

We had dinner every night in a sit down restaurant so I did get to check out Taste, Savor and the Manhattan Room which are the complimentary restaurants. I also got to try La Cucina (Italian) and Le Bistro (French) where charges apply.  They were both a la carte. The food was amazing and plentiful. My only problem was that we were a large group broken into smaller groups to eat but our dinner times were fairly late which made it difficult to see the entertainment on board.

The Garden Buffet was great for breakfast and especially for lunch as it was quick to get back to class on time. They also have snack times so the buffet is constantly changing all day long.
First Nights dinner awesome crab cake at Taste
 All dinners at the French restaurant are served this way and the waiters take them all of at the same time

 Awesome Scallops

Almost all of my desserts were chocolate (a given)

If you really want interesting experiences I do recommend specialty dinning with Free at Sea (again you pay an 18% gratuity) I was sorry I did not get a chance to try Moderno (Churracaria) and Teppanyaki (Japanese). I am hoping to try at least one of these when I am on the Getaway.

Another important feature of a cruise in your internet availability. With Norwegian it is only available to purchase until 10pm of your second day. 250 minutes of internet is available as a Free at Sea option. I chose the unlimited Social Chat which was $5.00 USD per day. It allows app to app chat such as Facebook messenger. I used this to keep in touch with family and friends. I knew when I was in ports I would have access to my phone's 3G plan and could check emails etc then. I am with Rogers and Roam like home was $5.00 per day in the US and $10.00 per day in the Islands. The second option was Unlimited basic internet which allowed the following: app to app chat, send/receive attachments via chat or Facebook, check email and general web surfing. This cost $27.00 USD per day. The third option is Premium internet which allowed the following: app to app chat, send/receive attachments via chat or Facebook, check email and general web surfing, video streaming (netflix, youtube, hulu) and VPN. This cost $35.00 USD per day.

Check me out at www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca or www.exclusivetoyoutravel.com
www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor


No comments:

Post a Comment