Friday 18 August 2017

Staycations or Day Trips

So we have a huge family vacation planned for December 2018 so this summer we are staying close to home with a few day trips/activities planned. Not too mention my second oldest has taken up most weekend time with Swim meets
So our day trip was on board the Gananoque Boat line Thousand Islands Tour. It was a 2 1/2 hour tour that included talking about the great diving sites along the St Lawrence River where ships have gone down in the past. Where I live is an awesome area where divers come all around to check out ship remains.
 My oldest and my youngest

 My third daughter

 My middle daughter trying to be taller than her momma (not long to go for that)

 me and the dude with our shades

Great tour

So it was nice day for a cruise it was not too warm the sun was shinning and their was no rain for a change. We have been hit with a lot of rain this spring/summer wrecking havoc with our local farmer's fields.
So you are probably thinking to yourself why would a travel agent be promoting staycations and not pushing you to travel. Let me tell you while I may be a travel agent I am also a mom to four children and vacations are expensive especially if you are a bigger family than the average four. Not too mention I also travel for work (conference and learning opportunities and that does take away from the family travel budget).  I understand that travel has to be saved for and planned and that not everyone can have a big vacation every year or even every second year, some people have to go longer between their vacations.
However did you know that on my website www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca  there is a button on the top right that says Look and Book . Once you click on that button you can than click on activities. Under activities you can book local tours, museum passes, boat tours etc.
I was playing around and decided to click on Canada and then I did region Ontario instead of trying to find a town. You would be surprised by how many options there are. But on the left hand side of the screen you can narrow down your search type so I decided to click on water activities. Now while the particular Gananoque tour was not there I did find Kingston and Brockville Thousand Islands tours. So even if you are just looking for a day trip or a local vacation remember to check out my website.

Check me out www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca or www.exclusivetoyoutravel.com
www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment