Tuesday 16 April 2019

Day 3 Harvest Caye, Belize

I know I got really busy during wave season and my blog once again fell by the wayside and I must apologize for that. I believe I have a system in place to keep my blog up to date so when the busy season hits a few times a year I will be better prepared with blogs ready to go. I have put a few blogs up not related to the trip as they were written and just needed to be posted. Should have been done much sooner.
Any how back to our Western Caribbean cruise on board the Norwegian Getaway the week before Christmas. So today is Day three and our first port day Harvest Caye, Belize. My mother decided she did not want to make the long walk from the ship to the port not realizing they had golf cart style transfers available and her my  daughter Victoria and son Daniel decided to stay on board the ship for the day. I went to port with Elizabeth and Katherine.
Something to not about Harvest Caye it is Norwegian's Private Island but is not private it is part of Belize and for that reason the Ultimate beverage package is not applicable so you do have to pay for your drinks and food unlike other private Islands where it is included.
They do have tours and activities available both at Harvest Caye and of Belize itself. Some of the top excursions include spice farms & Botanical gardens, barrier reef snorkel tour, Flight house zip line and Lagoon Wildlife & Mangrove Estuaries.We chose not to do a tour. We decided to hang out at the huge pool. Beside the beach, it was less crowded. Elizabeth belongs to a local swim team in the summer and loved being able to swim outside in December which does not happen in Canada, unless of course it a polar dip.
Quick stop for a picture

Hanging out at the pool we got to see some Iguana's up front and personal. I got to people watch which fascinates me to no end. I also read a bit because what is hanging out a pool without a good book. Although I did not read us much this trip as I thought I would. Guess their were too many entertaining people.
 Girls in the pool

 Reading my book

 Girls warming up

 The pool was so big it did not get crowded at all

 Iguana # 1

Iguana # 2
The funny thing is one of Elizabeth's nicknames is Lizard and she was following them to get a picture. I called it Lizard chasing a lizard. lol
We decided to have our lunch at Land Shark. Awesome I would totally recommend it. Apparently it is a chain and does have restaurants in the US. I had fish tacos while the girls stuck to Hamburgers although different types. It was a bit pricey but totally worth it and filling.

 Fish Tacos

 Burger

Close up of the shark fin

After lunch we checked out the beach area and then checked out the store in port. I got Daniel a Harley Davidson pin and my father an ornament for his tree. We also bought Belize chocolate and hot chocolate as well as got to taste a cocoa pod in the fruit format before it is dried and processed for the chocolate making process. It is very bitter.
Beach Cheese Game 




Chocolate Store

When we were done exploring we headed back to the ship. I will admit I took a nice afternoon nap. Stay tuned for our evening excitement!!


Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment