Friday 26 April 2019

Day 6 Cozumel, Mexico

Day six dawned and we found ourselves in Cozumel, Mexico. Our excursion for the day was a short one. Learning about chocolate. If I had been on my own I may have braved the Ferry crossing to Playa del Carmen and grab a Pandora charm and a Hagen Daz Ice cream but the water was extremely choppy and figured it was not a good idea to drag mom and the kids along on my quest. So Sadly I did not get a Pandora charm from my vacation to add to my charm.
Some of the other options for excursions from NCL are as follows: Fly high Zip line, Private Cabana at the Cabana Beach, Jose Cuervo Tequilla Tasting Experience, Xplor Park and Dolphin Swim & Ride. The chocolate making experience was at the same spot as the Tequilla Experience. It is a museum where you also earn about Mexican culture and experience Mexican food. For the first time my mother used a wheelchair. Katherine was the one elected to push her around. She will not be getting a driver's licence soon. lol
Are experience started by walking through a mall to get to the other side of the street and to our private transportation.

 This man (statue) was literally standing in the air

Christmas/Winter display

The museum tour was awesome. We saw so many different artifacts from the Mexican culture, clothes, statues, masks etc.. I took so many pictures just sharing a couple.




We also got a family picture minus mom with the Donkey wearing her reindeer ears. Yes we paid for the picture and the frame. I wonder how many people get suckered into spending the $25 as they print the picture and the frame and show it to you when you go to enjoy your lunch experience. I do not have a digital copy so I will not share it here. After the tour and picture we went on to make our own chocolate with lots of help from the staff.

 The set up in the cooking class

 We started with a hot cocoa

 The coco beans

 Lots of strength needed to crush them up

 Forming it into the chocolate

Lots of hard work and concentration

After the hard work of chocolate making we went out and had lunch. We had hand made tortillas and fillings from a lady who speaks the old language. It was positively amazing and spicy.



After lunch we took a tour of the monuments of Mexico that were set up in diorama's around the park. We also watched the fertility show that has to do with the Mayan Calendar. I had seen it before on my list visit to Mexico, so had my mother on hers. It was brand new for the kids.

 The men have all climbed to the top of the poll

 They swing down going around 12 times t represent the months and the one man drums at the top

 Almost completely down 

 Family picture of us with the men

One of the diorama pieces

We were dropped back at the shopping mall where we managed to check out Starbucks. I bought I drink with chocolate and cherry that they did not have at home. Managed to pick up a few Mexican vanilla bottles for myself and a friends. When we were done exploring we headed back to the ship.

 Katherine outside Starbucks

 Senor Frogs (so disappointed I did not get to go in)

 Another human statue and Daniel

They did not know how to zoom in lol

After the excursions and shopping we headed back to the ship. There were ten different ships in port that day. 2 Norwegian at least 2 Royal's a Holland America a Princess and a Carnival that I saw. We watched the sail away and then we headed to the Buffet for Mexican night.

 Hal ship docked beside us

 You can kind of see the ferries

 Mexican Night

This night they were very minimalist on their decor for the theme. We were all kind of disappointed. They had the watermelon and three big hats and that was it. They seemed to go all out at the beginning.

 Tonight's towel animal

The kids successfully hide the animal from the night before.

Overall it was another awesome day!!

Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment