Sunday 28 April 2019

Day 7 last sea day

Well we have come to our last full day and we spent it at Sea. We got up at a decent time and headed to O'Sheehan's for breakfast. We enjoyed it. The nice things about the sit down restaurants for breakfast is that the food is much warmer then it can be in the buffet and I really enjoy that for breakfast. Since having kids eating eggs and have been hard and are a hit or a miss sometimes so having them warm definitely makes them easier to eat.
 Mimosa for breakfast

My favourite Irish restaurant

After breakfast we decided to spend the morning in the atrium. Yes we were the people who staked out our seats and sat there for a while but we did order drinks. We started off with technical talk with the Captain & Chief Engineer. I honestly did not think we would enjoy this we just wanted spots for the next events but it was actually quite informative. I learned a few things and the captain actually had a wicked sense of humour. It is quite amazing he is a family man, he is from Norway but spends months at a time away from his family sailing the seas. You must really enjoy your job to be able to do that.
Captain and Chief Engineer

After the Captain we stayed to watch the Battle of Cake Masters. It was one of the chef's up against two members of the audience. One male and one female. They were given a certain amount of time to ice and decorate a two tier cake. It was enjoyable. The guy was a bit of an underdog and when the chef would turn his back he would do a few things to his cake. Add more spray or icing etc.. It was quite fun. The audience did the voting of the final voting through clapping/cheering. The young lady was the winner but both contestants got a prize pack with wine which is why I suppose they did not allow kids to compete. Contestants had to be 19 or older. After the contest was done they served up the cake to the audience. I only had a small bite of one of the kids. I am not a vanilla cake fan. Chocolate all the way please and thank you.


 Chef in the middle, man on the left and women on the right

Women's final creation

After the Cake show we got to watch a towel folding demonstration. They had several stewards show us an array of animals that they do. Some I had seen on previous cruises like the frog one of my all time favourites that I did not get to see, At the end they even will sell you a video showing you step by step how to make the animals yourself. I am surprised they do not also sell the white towels.


 The bunny

 The frog

The ape

After the demonstration we sat an talked to some fellow passengers for a bit and then headed off to lunch and the kids spent the whole afternoon at the pool enjoying the slides. The only two they did not do were the drop slides. I was sure Elizabeth was brave enough to try one out but at last she did not go through with it. Who knows she may get another chance on our next cruise that has slides on it.
Dinner was once again in the buffet and this evening it was Italian night. It was not overly exciting but I think by this time I was wishing I had done more sit down restaurants or splurged for specialty dinning. I may just do that this September when I cruise. Teppanyaki is still on my list of restaurants I have not tried on Norwegian although my parents did when they went to Alaska. I treated them for their Anniversary. I also want to try the truffle fries at Cagney's. So much choice. I did not get a picture tonight of the display at the buffet. We headed back to our room early so we could be packed and ready to go in the morining. We were walking off with our luggage as we had a tight flight to make. So it was a take it easy and relax evening once we were packed.

Our Final towel animal. I have never seen them use a pool towel for an animal. We think he is a Salamander but not sure.

Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment