Monday 6 May 2019

Disney Fanatic

I have had a love for Disney for a really long time. My parents did not take me to Disney as a child. My mother made the decision to stay hoe and raise us (my brother and I) and so we lived on one salary until I hit middle school and my mother opened up a home daycare, While we may not have had family vacations all of our needs were taken care of.
I continued to dream of a vacation once I was done University but none of my friends could afford to go away with me at the time. In January 1998 I made my first trip to Disney World in Florida with my mother. We walked through the gates of Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's Castle was a big huge birthday cake. Took our breaths away. It was the tail end of the celebrations for Disney World's 25th Anniversary. We only went for a week. We saw the three parks open at the time Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios (before the name change to Hollywood Studios), Epcot and we added in Busch Gardens and Seaworld. The trip was an absolute whirlwind but it sparked my travel bug and continued my love for Disney.
February 1999 saw mom and I back in Disney World, this time for 2 weeks. Animal Kingdom opened up the previous May so we had a brand new park to explore. We did not go back to Busch Gardens but we did add in Universal Studios and shopping in Orlando. They did not have dining plans back then. Our tickets were length of stay which means we could do Disney for 14 days straight no problem. Fastpass did exist but they were paper based.
2000 saw us once again back at Disney for 2 weeks and this time Universal had added a second park Islands of Adventure and of course we still checked out Seaworld and Shamu the killer whale. Surprisngly there has always been something new to see of try at Disney so we were not bored. That was the most common question we got asked when we said we were headed to Disney again. Shows get changed. Rides close down and new rides get opened in their place.
In 2001 we once again headed to Florida in February for our two week vacation. This time we checked out the Kennedy Space Station and we visited the newly opened Discovery Cove and swam with the Dolphins. I knew I was going to have to take a travel break after this visit so we wanted to make everything as amazing as we could. Little did I know that in September I would meet my future husband and it would be ten years before I made it back.
My parent's continued to go to Disney World, my dad was recruited to go with my mom in my place and I will admit I was very jealous of them. Although I was a little busy having four kids in four and half years. My love of Disney continued from a far and I made sure to install that love in my children as well. In 2011 my mother surprised my husband and I and the four kids and my brother, his wife and son with a trip to Disney World. We went for the the first and last time in August, We had a glorious week but it was insanely hot.
Here it is 2019 and once again I am closing in on the ten year mark from my last visit. Two years ago I bought non expiring 4 day base tickets for the family with a Canadian resident discount. I kind of figure I could have squeezed in a trip by now.
As much as I love Disney I am also enjoying exploring the rest of the world and believe me I have a bucket list related to just Disney. 2016 I went to Mexico and stayed at Sandos Playcar and highly recommend it. 2017 I went on my first cruise on the Norwegian Escape Eastern Caribbean and then my second cruise on the Royal Freedom of the Seas Mediterranean. 2018 I stayed at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana and took the kids on their first cruise on the Norwegian Getaway in December Western Caribbean.
Who knew my love of Disney would turn into a love of travel and a new job but that is a whole other blog

photo from jorge martinez
Cinderella's castle (not the cake)



Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 500212282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment