Thursday 30 May 2019

Conference Highlights

Another post that I am not quite sure where to start. Conference what an amazing experience. If your company has an annual conference I hope you get even half out of it as I get from mine as I am rejuvenated and learn so much and come home completely ready to go and exhausted at the same time.
I left Ottawa on Sunday April 28th after spending the day before at the North Dundas Business Expo as a vendor and the evening out with my husband at a Mason event. I left my home at 3:30 am drove to Ottawa grabbed a flight to Toronto and then a flight to Puerto Vallarta. As we were not the only plane to arrive the airport was a bit hectic but we did manage to make it and on our transfer bus to the hotel. Agents, Staff, Suppliers and press managed to fill 3 buses and this was only the people coming from Ontario and down East. We were able to do our quick check in on the bus as it being a group processing is a bit different. It was late afternoon so after unpacking we went for an early dinner before heading to our meet and greet cocktail party. By the time my head hit the bed I was past being tired.
 Outside of the airport waiting for the bus

 performers at the cocktail party out on the terrace

the last last glimpse of the amazing sunset. 

The next morning we got off to our packed week of learning. This day of learning started at 8:30 am. The theme for this year's conference was MoreU. It was about taking more time for ourselves that we are not the best for our clients, or our families if we do not have a proper balance. After a long day we had a cocktail party and dinner out on the terrace of the hotel with a theme of the 80's.
 Buffet (my favourite was the ceviche station)

 Rocky or is it?

Presentations at dinner

 Tuesday was another full day of learning from suppliers and head office staff. We learn about promotions from select suppliers and about what there products are all about. It is great learning in this type of environment not just at home in front of a computer screen. Having lunch with fellow agents learning from them. Meeting with the suppliers. At the end of the day we headed to the Reflect Krystal Grand Neuvo for a cocktail party on the beach and a dinner.

set up for dinner (think the fried dough was the big hit)

Wednesday was our free day. We were only asked to check out one of the specialty restaurants at the Iberostar. In the morning a group of us headed to Casa Clu for our giveback morning. We got back to our resort in time for lunch and after lunch I wrote my CTA exam. Two hours was intense. I actually went back to my room afterwards and had a nap. In the evening I headed to the French Restaurant for supper with a few fellow agents.
Lobby Bar after dinner (live band)

Thursday morning we heard the last of the supplier presentations. After lunch we had break out sessions on different topics. We were able to chose the ones that reflected what we want to sell etc.. I did a marketing session and a group session. Cocktail party and dinner tonight was held at the Marival Armony.

I am sure many of you have heard of speed dating before. Where you get to meet someone talk for ten minutes and when the bell rings you move on to the next person. We have 30 suppliers who attended Conference we get to pick ten that we want to "speed date". So what we actually get to do is have a one on one session with the supplier and every ten minutes we change suppliers. It is a great time to get questions answered and learn more about their products. When these sessions were over we had a presentation from our keynote speaker Pat Muisseux and then we had our closing session. In the afternoon after lunch we had a cocktail party out by the pool and in the evening we had our gala event which included, dinner awards and dancing.

green cocktails
Saturday was a free day. I spent some time exploring, relaxing by the pool and taking in the last of the beautiful weather and resort. I had dinner at the Teppanyaki restaurant. On Sunday I started my voyage back home. Flying to Toronto and then back to Ottawa and making the drive home. Getting home early Monday morning.
At the end of the day this was an amazing conference and I can not wait for next years. Moon Palace in Jamaica. I can not wait to share that one with you also.




Where you can find me:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.ca

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home based travel agent and I live in South Dundas and I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment