Tuesday 1 March 2022

Second Port Nassau, Bahamas

 So our second stop on this trip was Nassau. Originally we were doing just two ports and the second port was Grand Caymans. However, the Grand Caymans were not accepting cruise travelers so the port was changed about a week before our trip. I did not like any of the excursions offered by Disney they were limited. I would have loved to have taken the kids to Atlantis but they are restricting what access day guests can have with covid so I looked for something different.

Well, what we did can certainly be described as different. We went swimming with the pigs with J & S Tours. We were picked up right at the pier and taken away on a tour bus to Adelaide. We were the only passengers that day as a couple from the Navigator of the Seas were late as the ship was late to dock. Our tour guide was Linda and she had us singing to Karaoke. My children asked me to stop so we went to just listening to music. Linda was amazing and she gave us a tour of all the places of importance we were passing as we made our way out of town. Some I had seen before on a previous visit. Some were new and I will keep them in mind for future visits or for client visits in the future

Linda and our driver

At the beach, they had kayaks, paddleboards, loungers, volleyball, Hammocks, and a ping pong table. Lots of things to do. Lunch was covered in the day as well as two free drink tokens. Acholic drinks were not included. We had an amazing time. Daniel spent a lot of time in a kayak and even tried out the paddleboard. Katherine and I enjoyed the beach. We both held pigs. The Bahamas requires you to wear your face masks outside as well. It was very relaxed on the beach once we took these pictures we took them off.






Feet in the sand so nice and warm





So in order to get the pigs to join us in the water, we feed them apples. Although some do not need any encouragement. After the pigs, we got a conch salad demonstration. I have had a conch before and enjoyed it the kids were not brave enough to try also Dan took off as soon as they ate the worm from the conch shell. After that, we had a nice lunch of chicken, rice and beans, pasta and coleslaw. It was very yummy local cuisine.










Overall we had an amazing day. We got back to the ship around 2:00 pm. We did not have to be on board until 4:00 pm and I asked the kids if they wanted to shop. Thankfully they passed up the opportunity. Although my very first Pandora charm and bracelet were bought in Nassau when I was there for my very first cruise in April 2017. I thought of getting one but I had already bought one on the ship.

So tomorrow's post will be about our next port....

Where you can find me:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in South Dundas I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment