Monday 28 February 2022

First Port Castaway Cay

So I wondered what direction to go in once I was done with dining and I figured I would go to the Ports and leave the Marvel Information until the end as it will likely cover more than one blog.

So our first port of call was Disney's Private Island Castaway Cay. Before I get any further I have a little debate for you. I pronounce Cay as Cay while Disney pronounces it Key. How do you pronounce it?

So we got off the ship rather easily. They did have a virtual queue to keep from having lines and it worked very easily and quickly. The island is broken up into three areas and I will be honest we only made it to the first. The second is where families can hand out and has a water park and shopping. Last but not least is serenity bay for Adults only. Here are the professional pictures we got done. As always you can see Daniel is not too pleased with us or having his picture taken.


The Castaway Cay Buoy!! As you can see it is located in the Bahamas



Our lovely ship in the background Disney Magic




Here is Mount Rustmore!!! Disney at its best lol


Beach Mickey with his Jeep!!!



So we had time before our excursion so we went and sat on the beach and had drinks. The kids had virgin Pina Coladas in a souvenir coconut cup. I had some sort of raspberry drink that was amazing!! When we were done we headed to Marge's Barge area where we boarded our glass-bottom boat for our excursion.

Here are our drink and beach photo's:





I will swear that Eeyore is of age and is allowed to be sipping this drink!!

The glass-bottom boat was so cool. We got on, there are benches all around and then you look down and see into the water. When you are leaving the cove they tell you that it is only 6 feet deep. Then all of a sudden there is a 40-foot straight drop right where our ship was parked. So we go out quite away in order to find a nice clear area. Then we stop and you can see a school of fish. They quite obviously recognize the boat. You are then given a cup of oatmeal to give to the fish and you watch them go wild. The boat then repositions and the other side gets the same opportunity. It is such an amazing site and these pictures do not it justice at all.







 
On Castaway Cay they have Cookies one and Cookie Two which is BBQ and where many people go for lunch it is included as if you were on the ship. We however decided to go back to the ship and hand out there and have a quiet lunch. It was indeed very quiet on the ship. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub to themselves while I watched Toy Story 2 on the Pool screen.

Here are some of those pictures!! Eeyore loves the pool also








Tomorrow we will look at port number two...


 Where to find me

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor

Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in South Dundas I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area

No comments:

Post a Comment