Tuesday 22 February 2022

Let's get on Board the Disney Magic

 So we have made it this far but we still have a few more hurdles to cross before we can start our amazing vacation. We take a shuttle from the airport to the cruise port. $10 USD a person so it cost us $30 USD plus tip. Now just like with Air Canada, we had to do online check-in. We had to upload our proof of vaccinations. We also were given a time when we could arrive at the port and we would not be allowed in until that time. At the port, you go through security and then take a rapid antigen test. You are then led to a room where we wait to find out our results. About 45 minutes and we had results and we were ready to board our ship.

Of course, we had to stop for the mandatory pre-boarding photos with a photographer. I will be honest we pre-purchased all pictures taken on board and on their private island on a USB stick for $211 USD. You save $50 USD off buying it on board.


I highly recommend it. We took every opportunity to get our pictures taken and I was very happy with the results although my youngest was not as into it as I was. But as much I hate my picture taken also I realized how little appeared in them with my family or without a few years back and I have been trying to embrace taking more. 

So when we boarded the ship this is where my experience was very different than any other ship I have sailed on. I have gotten the welcome on board from staff. I have even had a band playing while boarding. On Disney, they announce you by name. They let only a handful of people board. You then get a special show with Minnie and Mickey Mouse welcoming you to sail away with them. I will post part of the video on my business page.

As our stateroom was not yet ready they rarely are when you board which is why I recommend you take a carry-on bag with what you could need when you board. Such as a swimsuit if you want to swim while you wait. We decided to do a sit-down lunch at Rapunzel's which ironically was our dining room for the next two nights. What was even more ironic was that the server we had for lunch ended up being our server for the whole cruise. More on that a bit later.

Here are a few more of the professional pictures from that day






As you can see I was the cruel mother that bought custom matching shirts for our first day. Big shout out to Two Sassy Ladies in Brockville for this. They did our masks and water bottles also. They are absolutely amazing to deal with. I have bought many products from them over the last two years and have never been disappointed.

I have to say while I was the cruel mother I did not go as far as some families. they had matching outfits for every day and different themes. Many decorated their room doors with magnets. This is very amazing and not done on other cruise lines. I may be that mom in the future time will tell.

So every cruise you have to do a  muster drill. They are mandatory. They are how you will evacuate the ship should there be an emergency. Usually, everyone gathers where the muster station is and then you will be given a demonstration. This time we watched a video on our stateroom tv and then we went and found our station and uploaded it into the app that we had done so. Super easy and I preferred this as getting a room full of people to be quiet and pay attention is not the easiest. This went much smoother.

Stay tuned for the next installment of this amazing trip!!

Where you can find me:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in South Dundas I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area



No comments:

Post a Comment