Thursday 17 February 2022

What a month

 The last few weeks have been crazy for me. I started my new job with Brockville Para Transit. My father had heart surgery. My middle daughter moved in with my parents to help them out and has changed schools and I took my youngest two on our first ever Disney Cruise.

So to say I am behind with my travel business would be an understatement. I was hoping after one week of work I would get my balance in check for the two jobs, family, etc... So I may have underestimated how long that would take. I get home at night rush to get supper put on the table and then I am tired and weekends are now spent getting my daughter for visits and shopping and other chores that may need to be done.

But with all that said I will not change a thing and will continue on my journey. I will just take the detours as they happen.

So enough about my issues let's get to my trip away. What an amazing trip it was. Lots of steps and changes but this is the first of four cruises planned for this year and at least two for next year. So we will be able to see together what changes.

First off we were expected to get a winter storm on Friday the 4th when I was flying out and the weather started coming on Thursday night. So the week before I made the decision to take the last train from Cornwall Thursday night and head to Montreal with the kids. No driving to really worry about. We stayed at the Marriot hotel attached to the airport which meant at 5:00 am when we had to be at the airport we could just walk downstairs and voila we were there. It was worth the price for that alone. We slept in until 4:30 and had breakfast after we checked in and passed security.

The train station was empty it was just us and another lady traveling we were there an hour early and waited patiently for it to come. It was the first time the kids had been on a train.





As you can see from the pictures. We were fully masked and we did not forget my traveling companion at home like I did for the conference. Not even out of the country yet and they are already connecting with friends.


On the train and ready for our next adventure


The next pictures are of the hotel. My only problem with the room was that the beds were a bit low to the floor. I am used to the ones I need a step ladder to climb into lol. Also, the shower was frosted but you can see it in the bedroom. A bit odd but it worked.

2 double beds

cozy chair and table
bizarre shower stall
tv with a nice long bench underneath to put suitcases on
great desk area to work

So the process for getting out of the country was a bit different from back in November when I traveled. First of all my antigen test could not be older than 24 hours. So we did them Thursday night at Shoppers Drug Mart before getting on the train  Also with Air Canada to do my online check-in and I had to upload all my documentation. Which meant 3 travel passports and 3 negative antigen tests. So I finished my check-in at the lovely desk pictured above at ten at night.

For whatever reason, we could not get my daughter's boarding pass it had to be done at the airport. The reason being she was randomly picked for extra security.  Kind of ironic as her carry-on bag was almost empty and she is fourteen but it really did not add to our process at all. Because all my documents were submitted online we just had to get our luggage tags and head over to security. She got an extra wand check and they physically checked her bag which did not really delay us in any way. We then headed to a leisurely sit-down breakfast at Houston's and by the time we were done, we sat for maybe 20 minutes before we boarded our plane.

Well I will continue this story.... stay tuned for the trip details

Where you can find me:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/stephaniethetravelagentnextdoor
Website: http://www.exclusivetoyoutravel.ca
Email: slough@exclusivetoyoutravel.com

TICO 50021282
55 York Street, Suite 1003
Toronto, On M5J 1R7
Office Phone 416-367-8264 ext 2625
Direct Phone 613-543-3006

Please keep in mind that while my head office is in Toronto. I am a home-based travel agent and I live in South Dundas I can service clients anywhere in Canada. But, I meet with clients in the SD&G area




No comments:

Post a Comment